Monday, September 29, 2008

Adventure time?

It might just be time for a new adventure... Michael wants to run the Wonderland Trail that goes all the way around Mt. Rainier. According to Scott, it needs to be done ASAP - this weekend or next - to avoid snow... Not that its all the physically demanding for me, I would just be the crew (the only crew?!) but how mentally exhausting! 27+ hours in a car, waiting for the boys (right now, two guys other than Michael are thinking this is a good idea too... maybe 1 more...) and driving and waiting and driving and waiting. Maybe we need to get the deal that can allow my laptop to run off the car, but then again, I still wont have the internet or cell signal.

I am happy to help, I am just wondering what on Earth I could do with myself for that long. I guess I could get a couple of Rachel Gibson books and bring the computer and my school work...

It appears that I could intersect the runners at 7 places, I might be lucky enough to get my own fancy pants sleeping bag to keep me warm and my own headlamp... and oh, how I love planning stuff, list making, organizing and having a funny story to tell after the fact. This definitely would be fun. If I bring the laptop, I could chronical the entire adventure.

No comments: